Complete the following sentences with the correct preposition.
AT | FOR | FROM | ON | INTO | OF | ON | WITH
answers are at the end of the page.)
1. Mr. Martin is responsible ______ recruitment.
| 1. for | 2. for/in | 3. on | 4. for | 5. of
| 6. into | 7. of | 8. at/in |
| 9. in | 10. in | 11. from | 12. with/in
| 13. of | 14. at | 15. into/on |
2. I'm sorry but I don't understand the reason ________ the increase ________ price.
3. In this company, salaries depend ________ the level of responsibility.
4. You have to pay ________ the tickets the day you order them.
5. Our new Chairman reminds me ________ my old history teacher.
6. Do you think the report could be translated ________ English for the meeting tomorrow?
7. Thank you for offering to help. It's very kind ________ you.
8. Look ________ the woman ________ the picture. Who is she?
9. The manager didn't take part ________ the discussion. He didn't want to intervene.
10. It's no use taking him to the Louvre. He isn't interested _______ art.
11. The food in Japan is very different ________ European food.
12. I don't agree ________ you. ________ my opinion you're wrong.
13. John was late for the meeting as usual. That's typical ________ him.
14. We should invite Pete to the party. He's very good ________ telling jokes.
15.The car crashed ________ a fence ________ the other side of the road.
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.