Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the tense in brackets.
(ex : Past Simple : I played,
- Past Continuous : I was playing)
answers are at the end of the page.)
1. When Jack ____________ (arrive) home, Anne __________________(watch) television.
2. I _________________ (prepare) dinner when the telephone _________________ (ring).
3. What ______________________ (you do) when the postman ______________(arrive)?
4. Eva ____________ (learn) to drive when she __________________ (work) in London.
5. Where ___________________ (you sit) when the show (begin)?
6. I ________________ (visit) Athens while I ____________________ (tour) Greece.
7. It was when he ____________________ (cross) the street that John___________ (fall).
8. What _____________(you see) while you _____________________ (wait) for the bus?
9. Where _____________________ (you go) when your car ____________(break) down?
10.Julie ____________ (meet)
Sam when she ___________________ (walk) in the park.
|1.arrived - was watching
||2.was preparing - rang
||3.were you doing - arrived
||4.learnt/learned - was working
||5.were you sitting - began
|6.visited - was touring
||7.was crossing - fell
||8.did you see - you were waiting
||9.were you going - broke down
||10.met - was walking
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.