Complete the following sentences with the correct form of the
verb in brackets
(past perfect simple or
answers are at the end of the page.)
1. When their mother arrived, the children ___________________ (finish) their homework.
2. Sam _____________________ (search) for a long time before he found what he
3. Julie didn't watch the film because she ______________ (see) it before.
4. Chloe was tired when she
got home because she ____________________(work) all day.
5. The mechanic ________________(repair) her car when Mary arrived at the garage.
6. Hugo was playing tennis. When
Eva arrived, he ___________________(play) for 2 hours.
7. When the dessert arrived, Anne wasn't hungry; she _________________(eat) too much.
8. It was my first flight. I __________________________ (never fly) before.
9. Tom was
annoyed because Andy ______________________ (forget) to
call him back.
10.Joe was ready
for the exam. He ________________________ (revise) for weeks.
||2.had been searching
||4.had been working
|6.had been playing
||8.had never flown
||10.had been revising
Print This Page
All Rights Reserved.
Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study.
Any other use without permission is forbidden.